Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Victorious Saturday


Woo-hoo! I'm thrilled. Hope, Emma and I went to a Health Expo today (it was not a chick thing but it was kind of a girls' day out, though we were accompanied by a very sweet and cute Lex and joined later by Justin). Anyway...I am proud to announce that all my screenings were in the normal range: blood pressure, heart rate, body mass index (that's a biggie!!!), bone density and blood oxygenation. In fact, my bone density was better than Hope's, though hers was good. They told me that even if I live to be 100, I shouldn't have any problem with osteoporosis!! My blood oxygen level was 100%, a couple percentage points better than both Hope's and Emma's. My BMI was the same as theirs!! That is a major accomplishment on my part. I've worked hard for about a year and a half on diet and exercise, something I haven't been successful at for years and years. And, notably, Hope's BMI was in the normal range, only 4.5 months after having a very large and healthy little baby! I'm quite proud of her! Of course, Emma is in great shape; she walks all over campus and danced 3 days a week last semester. I'm not trying to compete with them [I can't at my age] and I'm not trying to go back to my high school days but...I want to be a good steward of my health. So, I'm pretty happy!

9 comments:

Corky Alexander said...

and I am proud of you for being "Slim" (Phil's nickname of you) and stunning. You are a babe!

Robb said...

Right on, Boss!

Anonymous said...

Extemely impressive! :)
The gumbo must not've had any adverse effects.
Kudos

Kim said...

That is an impressive feat!! It must feel good!

Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that i have the most sexiest mother in the world, i'm not gonna lie
-mema*

Anonymous said...

o yea i absolutely love the picture..
-mema*

Hope Butcher said...

I'm so proud of my Mom as well! She brags on me but she's the one working out! )I can't take too much credit, I still have the little fat-sucker feeding off of me). Way to go Mommy! You SHOULD be proud! And because you're healthy, you'll bounce back from this flu-like thing speedy-quick! Let me know if you need any home remedies! Haha! ;)

ZDENĚK SÝKORA said...

I like THE picture :-)

ZDENĚK SÝKORA said...

I like THE picture :-)