Tuesday, September 25, 2007

2 Things on My Female Brain

Helping bloggers find readers with free tools.
Shop at Compare4.us

First, this unrelenting heat!!

Secondly, it's premier week for several of my favorite TV shows. I guess this is one of my annual fall rituals (though I don't tape the show if I'm not at home....I'm not that addicted!). I can remember, though, as a child getting excited about the premier of new shows: cartoons on Saturday morning, sit-coms at night. Remember, we only had 3 channels and maybe a UHF and/or PBS one. Now the premiers are staggered throughout the year, but I'm still a major network person (a holdover from modernity). Last night was "CSI: Miami" which is not my favorite. My assessment of the series: more detective, less science; too many goofy, dramatic one-liners by David Caruso as he is exiting a crime scene. Last night was no exception to the rule. Still, I usually watch it. But if I have an 8:00 the next morning, I probably won't stay up for it. Tonight is "Law and Order: SVU", a favorite, but I'm afraid they "jumped the shark" last year with the near-romance of Elliot and Olivia. One of the reasons I have loved "Law and Order" through the years is that it has not focused on personal lives of the detectives or lawyers as much. Oh well. What we all really look forward to is the CSI premier on Thursday night, though we may be getting too involved in the personal lives of Grissom and Sarah. By the way, she is my least favorite character on the show.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Weather! So cooperative. I had a plan for tomorrow that needed sunshine - but looks like it will rain. If it rains I will rejoice and give God praise for the relief from the un-relenting heat we've been enduring for weeks now.

TV? Whut's that?

Corky Alexander said...

I am very involved in this.

Phil Hoover said...

oh Darling...

DANCING WITH THE STARS! That's the only "premier" that I was the least bit concerned with!

Travelin' On said...

Well, I like to watch TV but I don't do that much anymore. We got really excited about LOST, due to Aaron's encouragement last season.
I don't even know... it that back on yet? I like to watch for the spiritual overtones and "type of Christ" model in it. Veeery interesting. (Mainly Jack of course)
I have seen CSI but only a couple of times. I DO however have to go with Phil on enjoying the Dancing with the stars. :) Wish I could dance like that I guess....only with more clothes. ha