Monday, September 17, 2007

Wonderful Week-end, Wonderful Family

I am blessed to be the Matriarch (that makes me sound sound really old!) of a wonderful, loving and fun family with a great sense of humor (yes the family has a sense of humor!). We enjoy similar jokes and stories so it's a collective sense of humor.

On Friday, Leslie's birthday, we had a family dinner at home with cheese and chocolate fondue and salad. Lots of fun! Afterward, we watched "The Empire Strikes Back" because Leslie has not been exposed to the Star Wars trilogy before last week-end when we watched "Star Wars".

Saturday was spent in Harriman at an National Barrel Horshe Association show. The weather was wonderful, cooler and breezy. I actually had to wear a denim jacket! Leslie and Sweetie did great. Their times were better than ever!

Sunday was church day, of course. Corky and I taught on the Reformation which seemed well-received by the class. Pastor Travis preached a great and prophetic sermon. Dinner was a fundraising dinner provided by the Student Ministries. Corky and I took Lex for a nap at his home afterward then returned to church for choir practice and the evening service. After church we ate leftover fundraiser food at Hope and Josh's and the final installment "Return of the Jedi". I must admit I fell asleep, not from boredom but from exhaustion. Lex enjoyed playing in the floor with all his new birthday toys.

I don't use the term wonderful loosely. I am filled with wonder that I've been so blessed!

1 comment:

Travelin' On said...

I trust that no animals were harmed in the filming of this movie.

Ah yes, WonderFuLL. It is nice to share and read the wonder with you.