Thursday, May 31, 2007

Too Much of the Good Stuff?


This has been an incredibly busy week: there was an attempted family picnic on Memorial Day, the Seminary board is meeting so there was a dinner on Wednesday night; I sang for the dedication celebration of the T. L. Lowery Global Foundation; Corky has had multiple out-of-town trips to make for the Agency; Emma is in Florida; Leslie has been shuttled back and forth between home, church, Hope's and the farm to ride Sweetie. Tomorrow night is Honors Night at the Seminary; Saturday morning is graduation. And in the midst of all this busy-ness...I've been grading final (and late, I might add) papers, trying to find reasonable airfares for Corky's trip to Pasadena, figuring out how to pay tuition for Emma and what to do about our car which needs an engine (to fix or not to fix?)

Maybe it's mid-life, maybe it's the end of the school term but I find myself longing for a simpler, quieter life. I LOVE and believe in all that I do, feel I'm called to most of it, but sometimes we keep such an exhausting pace....so, I become weary in well doing.

As Corky says, "No wonder old people get up early. They need the peace and quiet it offers and it's the only time they can get it!"

4 comments:

Travelin' On said...

Wow, this sounds challenging!
Uh OH, judging by the time I am leaving this comment, I am either an old person who gets up early or a young person that's stayed up way too late. ha
What are you when you go to bed early, get up in the middle of the night for a few hours then sleep until another "early" rising? MAN, it MUST be middle-age. :0
I will say that I am leaving for Nashville for CEU counseling credits in about 2 1/2 hours. Wouldn't it be cool to just sleep on demand?:)
You and I have had conversation about these matters. Hope we both survive. I'll say an extra prayer for you. You're living a rich life!! TL's that's cool. ;)

Travelin' On said...

Hmmmm. By the way, I just happened to notice you Catherine Booth quote and I'd say it sounds to me like your present is definitely disturbed!
Congratulations on your contribution to bettering the future. ;) You are certainly doing your part.

Kim said...

That sounds very busy. I just commented to Robb that Corky must be busy because he has not blogged in multiple days. I will pray that God gives you times of peace/rest in the midst of the crazyiness.

Phil Hoover said...

Kim, Kim, Kim...

and you don't even live in a BIG city anymore, girlfriend!

I sympathize with you..Sometimes I wonder why I even pay a mortgage every month...and then I realize I do need a place to "drop" every night when I'm wearied by exhaustion..

Great blog...love it...love it.