Friday, December 22, 2006

And So It Begins...


Last night the festivities began (not Festivus, Christmas!). Our immediate family (Corky, Hope and Josh, Emma, Leslie and this year....Lex!) were joined by Emma's friend Justin for the first Christmas gathering. We will continue the festivities this week-end in Virginia and South Carolina.

Hope and I decided that we would have a light dinner so that everyone could actually enjoy dessert! We had a Greek salad and bruschetta. Being the Domestic Goddesses that we are, we baked all day. She made yummy cranberry bread with cream cheese and biscotti. I bit the bullet and made the Buche de Noel! I have to say, it was beautiful. And delicious. Chocolate, of course. I love to try new things, but I'm not a very good baker. I blame it on the fact that I've lived so many places and had too many different ovens so I've never been able to perfect the art! It's a good excuse, anyway.

But the highlight is always gift-giving. Of course this year, giving to Lex was the "main event." He didn't quite understand it all but I think he looks sweet on his horsey from Marmie and Pop Pop!

2 comments:

Hope Butcher said...

the whole evening's experience was delicious!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

-Paul Durham