Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Friends


Chances are good that without the blogosphere I would have never had any ongoing communication with people in Australia. It is possible that I would have met someone here, or even there, but ongoing communication? Probably not! But one day I stumbled into a blog called "The Batcave". I can't remember how I found it. But the blogger, Glen O'Brien, is a Wesleyan pastor who teaches Church History at a Christian college in Australia. I commented on a post or two and lo and behold, I found out that he had been to the SPS/WTS meeting in Cleveland about eight years ago! He actually did research on the origins of the COG in Australia...at the Dixon Center! Since that first comment, I've read that article he was researching. A few weeks ago, through The Batcave I found a link to another blog belonging to another Aussie, James Garth. We've had a rather lively discussion going between James, Glen, a few others and myself about the nature of Pentecostal spirituality.

I'm really grateful for the opportunity to hear from others and of course to share my opinion!

I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you dropped in; after all, how often are you in the Australian neighborhood??

No comments: