Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Pardon me while I have a strange interlude..."


That's how I sometimes feel about the direction my life is taking: it's a strange interlude! I never dreamed that I would be shopping for horse tack (right now I'm looking for a breast-collar and tie-down as well as barrel-racing bumper spurs); riding in trucks with other barrel-racing mother-daughter duos; stepping in so much horse poop; and sitting in the sun for hours waiting for my youngest daughter to race around poles and barrels on a large sorrel mare. It's not anything I prepared for in any way. But, like most things I encounter, I approach it academically, researching, reading, studying and trying my hand at it! I did this earlier in my life with less dangerous crafts/arts such as cooking and gardening. Oh well! Here I am, a rodeo-mom (sort of like a stage-mom...which I was for Hope and Emma). Mothers do what they have to do.

By the way, the photo and quote in the title are from one of my favorite Groucho scenes in "Animal Crackers".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, one of the greatest comedy scenes, "Party? I came up here for a party.." Funny! The children will put you in the most interesting situations. "We do all we can to help the young people." ~T.Tommy

Corky Alexander said...

And you are a good one!