Sunday, March 11, 2007

Society for Pentecostal Studies Meeting


It's Sunday following the annual meeting of the
Society for Pentecostal Studies. This meeting is always exhausting but this year, because we met at Lee University in Cleveland, I commuted back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth! Breakfast at 7 am with the Wesleyan-Pentecostal Consultation group, sessions beginning at 8:30 and ending at 9 pm, "breaks" which are really mini-meetings with scholars from around the world!! All wonderful and enriching but tiring. And it was a time-change week-end! This is appropriate, however, because it meant Corky and I were spending the Saturday night of a Spring "losing one hour" time-change with Chris Thomas, something that has happened numerous times in the past! This year, I began my term as History Interest Group Chair, which increased the workload for me but also widened my circle of acquaintances. Professor Allan Anderson, my external examiner for my PhD attended the meeting (he usually does) and presented a plenary on early Pentecostal missions. It was great to see and hear from him again. I also enjoy visiting with the veterans who've done so much to pave the way for my work: Cecil "Mel" Robeck, Frank Macchia, Bill Faupel, to name a few. So...lots of input, lots of people, lots of new insights. But very tired feet!