Sunday, February 18, 2007

Week-end


I love week-ends. Always have. Basically, my body clock operates on an academic schedule; I mean, an elementary school schedule. I'm ready for week-ends at about 3 on Fridays; I'm ready for a break in mid-Fall and mid-Spring; I think everyone has a 2 week break at Christmas and everyone should have the summer off! That's just how I think and order my life.

So, week-ends rarely disappoint. This one was no exception. Nice Friday night at home; great day out on Saturday with Corky (dinner, movie, bookstores!); and Sunday was great: good service at church with an added surprise of getting to spend the afternoon with Hope, Josh, LEX and my "theology son", Nic. Lex feels bad with his little stuffy nose so I got to hold him and comfort him a lot. A perfect day for a grandmother!

By the way...I've been having lots of thought lately about getting to make cupcakes for Lex! (So, I gave him a little bite of cake icing today....grandmothers can do that!)

4 comments:

Hope Butcher said...

he seems happier today...still snotty, but happier. Can't say the same for Josh.
Are those cupcakes from Martha's website?

Kim said...

I to love life on the school schedule.I am home visiting my family because I have Presidents Day off. What a nice treat! Glad to hear Lex is feeling better. I am sure it is due to the ciing.

Michelle said...

I love weekends too. And those cupcakes make me hungry!!

Anonymous said...

The school schedule rocks! People are jealous of my schedule. But it all seems to balance out when a student gets sick on your best pair of shoes!
Love you. You ok?
Jill